Academic education and affiliation
- Tel Aviv University, BSc (1979) in Life Sciences, specializing in neuroscience (honor program).
- UCLA California, MA extension program (1981) in Molecular Biology.
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem Medical School, PhD (1986) in Molecular and Cellular Biology, specializing in the enzymology of DNA replication in parasites.
- Stanford University California, Post-doc (1989), specializing in molecular neurobiology, neurochemistry and synaptic function.
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1989-present), faculty member position as principle investigator
- Head of ELIXIR-Israel node (2015-present)
- Chair of the BSc-MSc educational program for computational biology at the Hebrew University (1999-present)
- Director of the Israel Institute for Advanced Studies (IIAS) (2012-2018)
- The Vice president of the International society for Computational Biology (ISCB) (2007-2016)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the International society for Computational Biology (ISCB) (2005-2016)
- Chair of the European Conference Series for Computational Biology (ECCB) (2005-2011)
- Director of the Sudarsky Center for Computational Biology at the Hebrew University (SCCB) (2003-2013)
- Member of the Executive Committee for ISCB, ECCB and RECOMB (2005-2016)
- Conference chair of Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology in Boston (ISMB) (2010)
- Chair of ISMB-ECCB in Vienna (2011)
- Member of the Scientific and Organizing Committee of the Critical assessment of Functional Annotations competition (CAFA) (2010-2018)